How to perform a triceps extension using a rope and pulley with an animated image showing the move. Click on the picture to see the full sized animation.
- Attach a rope to a high pulley.
- Face the pulley machine bent slightly forward with your back in a natural arch.
- Keeping your upper arms steady, push the rope down by straightening your arms.
- As your elbows begin to straighten, twist your forearms a little.
- Do not lock your elbows.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
Using a pulley machine is another way to isolate your triceps. The idea here is to have the entire range of motion happen between your elbows and hands. Push the rope down, slowly let it back up. Be careful not to lock your elbows, and try to keep your upper arm from moving too much.