Tonight’s main dish was catfish. Catfish is pretty easy to cook, and tastes great fried or grilled. Tonight, I opted for grilled. Here is how I prepared it:
- Mix the bread crumbs, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and onion salt on a plate.
- Wash the catfish filets and coat in flour.
- Wipe the coated catfish through the egg.
- Coat the catfish with the breading mix.
- Grill over low heat. Turn over after 3 or 4 minutes.
Making use of a paper bag to coat the catfish with the flour can save a little time. Once you wash off the catfish, just drop it in the bag of flour, shake a little, and pull it out.
When you are done cooking it, the catfish should have a nice crunchy breading on the outside, and soft tender meat on the inside.
You can tell when the catfish is done cooking by seeing if it will flake when you touch it with a fork. This is easier to check if you leave a few small patches unbreaded.