I was looking through the USATF website for next year’s grand prix race schedule, which hasn’t been updated yet on the grand prix page. Scrolling through last month’s news posts, though, I did find the schedule so now I can plan around that a little:
GRAND PRIX SERIES VOTED FOR 2010
The 2010 USATF-NE Grand Prix Series has been selected by an online vote of the membership. A total of 440 votes were cast during the one-week period from November 11 through 18. The results of the vote have been verified by the LDR Chairs and the winning schedule is Slate “C”, as follows:
* Jones Group Realtors 10 Mile, 10M, Amherst MA, Sun, Feb. 28
* New Bedford Half Marathon, 13.1M, New Bedford MA, Sun., Mar 21
* Bedford Rotary Memorial 12K,12K , Bedford NH, Sat., May 22
* Rhody 5K (MEN ONLY) ,5K ,Lincoln RI , Sun., June 6
* Stowe 8 Miler, 8M, Stowe VT, Sun., July 18
* Bridge of Flowers 10K , 10K , Shelburne Falls MA, Sat., August 14
* Providence Ronald McDonald House Women’s Classic (WOMEN ONLY) 5K, Providence, Sun, Oct. 3
In a separate vote, the Marathon selected is the Bay State Marathon, Lowell MA, Sun., Oct. 17, 8:00 AM
The vote was the final step in new process in which a selection committee consisting of the Long Distance Running Chairs and representatives from the clubs created a ballot from the 17 bidding races with 4 slates of non-marathon distance races, a separate ballot question for the marathon distance and a survey question on a post-series awards banquet. The Survey Question for a banquet was 54% in favor.
I’m looking forward to a return to regional competition this year; hopefully my running club can field a team at some or even most of these events this year.
(Source: USATF NE)