(Photo by Matt Hartman)
In November 2004, some former teammates of mine ran from the Pacific ocean to the Atlantic ocean. The goal was to beat the time it took a similar team to accomplish the feat 25 years earlier. They ran day and night for 2,730 miles for a total of 12 days 3 hours 48 minutes. They ran through the desert, the mountains, the snow and the rain. Coast to Coast is a record of their relay straight from the mouths of the athletes.
This is your chance to win a free copy of Coast to Coast.
I encourage everybody to buy a copy of Coast to Coast. You can get Paperback versions of the book for $14.94, and hardcover versions are available for $25.42. I will be giving away a copy of the paperback version through this contest. Official rules are included below. Go to my contact page if you have any questions or need any clarifications. If you have any questions for the author, Ryan Pancoast, then I would be more than happy to forward them along for you.
- 264 pages
- 95 photographs
- Coast-to-Coast Sketchbook
- stories from 20 athletes and drivers
- RV specs
- route map
- complete photo-roster
- commentary from President Albert Simone, Don “D” Campbell and Coach Dave Warth
- Only one entry allowed per household.
- To enter the contest, tell everybody something about you and running. This can be anything related to running. For example, a story about your favorite workout, a personal record, your kid’s track meet, or even just the fact that you don’t run.
- You will get between one and three chances to win based on how you tell your story.
- Leave a comment below with your story for 1 chance to win.
- Write your story on another website, and link to this contest for 2 chances to win. Be sure to leave a comment below with a link to your story so that everybody can read it.
- Write your story on another website and if that website is primarily about running then you will have 3 chances to win. Be sure to leave a comment below with a link to your story so that everybody can read it.
(I will be the sole judge of whether a website is primarily about running)
- Trackbacks are disabled. You must leave a comment below to point to any stories on other websites.
- You must use a valid email address to enter. Your email address will not be visible on this website and will only be used to be emailed about this contest and the Coast to Coast book.
- Winner will be chosen at random based on available chances. The drawing is final and I will be the complete and final judge.
- United States shipping addresses only are eligible to win.
- The winner will be announced on this website and will be sent one email informing them that they have won. The winner will have 2 days to send me their shipping address from the time that the winner is announced on this website. I am not responsible for the email not arriving or being blocked by spam filters. If the winner does not respond, then a new winner will be chosen and announced and will have the same 2 day deadline to send me a shipping address.
- Winner must supply their shipping address as either a reply to the email sent to them or coming from the email address that they entered the contest using or both.
- The contest ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Sunday, May 7th.
The winner will be announced before 8:00 PM on Monday, May 8th.
- The winner will receive one copy of the paperback version of Coast to Coast shipped directly from the publisher using the “super saver shipping”. Production time prior to shipping may run as long as 10 days.