Looking back at this week last year is a bit late this weekend, due completely to the fact that I have a really bad infection in my right index finger and up until today it was too painful to bother typing anything. I’ve managed to drain a lot of the crud out, though, so I can use the finger a little now; at least enough to catch up on my work. This week last year was concerned mostly with The New Rules of Lifting and my email exchanges with one of the authors, but there was a bit of news, workout tips, and making fun of Olympic Athletes thrown in as well.
- I demonstrated how to do pullups in the continuation of my animated series. I also explained how to do a negative pullups when you are overloading your muscles or are not strong enough to do a full set of pullups yet.
- I learned a new reason to keep myself well hydrated, since thirsty people feel more pain. I also included a recipe for cooking shark steaks after they went on sale in my local fish market.
- I wrote a review on The New Rules of Lifting, which has proven to be one of my more popular reviews. I exchanged a few emails with Alwyn Cosgrove after he responded to my review of his book. I also asked him about how well the workouts would translate across gender lines, since the book seemed to ignore women.
- In lawsuit news, Nike sued Adidas because they thought that Adidas was ripping off the design of their Nike Shox shoes.
- In Olympics news, Lindsey Jacobellis made a fool of herself in the snowboard cross finals when she decided to showboat a jump and fell off of the course. This is just further proof that you should never showboat in the Olympics or in a race with $5000 on the line no matter how much you think you have the bonus money in hand.