Last week, I reviewed the DVD of Run For Your Life, which follows the life of Fred Lebow as he brought about and grew the New York City Marathon.
Screen Media Films is providing me with 5 copies of the DVD to give away. Monday through today, you will have an opportunity to win a copy through the website by leaving a comment on the daily contest article answering a specific question, which will be asked after yesterday’s winner is announced. I will randomly choose one commenter each day from people that comment on that day’s article.
I will also be giving away 2 copies to people that belong to my Running Tips Newsletter, so you have until tomorrow morning to join my newsletter so that you can receive instructions about how to win one of those two copies through your email.
Be sure to get to a screening of the movie sometime this week in New York City, if you are in the area. And if you don’t win a copy of the movie this week through these contests, then be sure to pick up a copy after it is released later today on DVD.
Now, here is the winner of the second DVD:
This is the article for today’s contest. Just leave a comment below answering this question for a chance to win the first DVD:
How long have you been running?
It’s an easy question, and I will not be fact checking. I have been running for around 18 years or so at this point, since I was in middle school.
As with the last two days, you can link to today’s contest from your website and leave a second comment that includes the URL to the page that you linked from for a second chance to win the DVD. Anybody else leaving a second comment will have that comment deleted, and anybody’s first comment that doesn’t answer the above question will have their comment deleted.
If you want to have a chance to win the 2 DVDs tomorrow, then you will need to join my email newsletter before mid-morning; if you are already on the newsletter then you are all set and will get instructions later in the week automatically! As a bonus, I am still giving away my free report about the 3 components of an Effective Workout Report. You can sign up from the newsletter description page, by entering your name and email in the sign up box above and to the right, or by just entering your information here:
Contest rules and disclaimers:
- There are 5 copies of the DVD being given away, and they will be mailed postage paid to anyone within the continental United States. (I am not sure if this movie is playable outside of the United States or not.)
- I will be the complete and final judge. I can change the rules on a whim. The winner will be chosen by random drawing through the use of the website, random.org.
- I will make my best effort to package and mail the DVD in new condition, but will not be responsible for any damage or loss that may occur during shipping.
- For each DVD, one (1) entry per person is allowed, as well as one entry per website. Subsequent entries from any given person will be deleted and ignored.
- Each daily contest will be open to comments the day that the article goes up announcing it through the next morning when I get around to closing comments. Comments are guaranteed to be open only for the remainder of that day.
- If you win and do not get back to me within 2 days, then I reserve the right to give the prize to somebody else.
- I will make my best effort to contact the winner, but a valid email address must be left in the comments. If a trackback wins, then I will do my best to find a contact link on the web page linking to here, but if I do not see one then you will have to look back at this site to see if you have won.
- Local laws, rules, and regulations apply. No purchase is necessary.
- If you won a copy of the DVD already in one of these 5 contests, then you are not eligible to win a second copy.
- I may or may not continue to show the winner in video format, we’ll see how many problems people have with it.
- Clarification: As mentioned above, you can leave a 2nd comment if it links to your own website where you mention today’s contest. However, it can not be from the same blog post or page and must link to today’s contest to be eligible for today’s second comment allowance.
Don’t forget to let me know how long you have been running or else your comment is going to be deleted, and if you aren’t a runner then just say so, that’s fine.