This week last year there were a few workout tips mixed in with baseball and football news.
- I began my series of Workout Tips with how to time rest intervals at the gym and how to properly hydrate yourself.
- Lance Armstrong won his final Tour de France. I pointed out that his doping scandals were going to get worse now that he was retired, and it turns out that I was right.
- Matt Clement got beaned in the head really bad by Carl Crawford, followed by news that he was doing well.
- In football news, Shaun Alexander signed a contract, and Jerome McDougle got shot.
- Larry Brown signed on to coach the Knicks, but he’s already been fired less than a year later.
- Randy Judkins announced that he was going to joggle the Beach to Beacon in an effort to raise money.
A lot happened this week last year. Larry Brown didn’t last long, Lance Armstrong has been in the news constantly (especially over the last few months) despite having retired, and Randy Judkins did manage to raise a few thousand dollars for the boys and girls club. Matt Clement is still a ball magnet and has been put on the DL after recently getting hit by another pitch. At least he’s still in the game, though.