This week last year used a few anecdotes to get some points across and commented on some recent news.
- Sometimes (usually) it is not such a bad thing to get lost on a run; it can help you learn new routes.
- When you have trouble with dogs, it will usually because the owner neglects them in some way, shape or form. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be able to come after you. Sometimes, though, a leash just isn’t enough. Ice can play a part in that too.
- I found a website that helped you to determine what you needed more to qualify for Boston, speed or endurance.
- On the news front, the USATF extended their drug policy to coaches, which I think was a good move.
- Are you having trouble losing weight? Perhaps you are doing too much aerobic exercise. An Alwyn Cosgrove inspired article.
- This week two years ago, I continued my series on animated exercises by demonstrating how to do a prone leg curl, and gave a great tip for how to warm up cold bars in your home gym when you are exercising. I also reviewed stabilicers, which are great for maintaining traction in icy conditions when you don’t want to put screws directly into your shoes.