This week last year dealt mostly with Lance Armstrong’s interactions with Dick Pound.
- First, Lance Armstrong published a letter criticising Dick Pound, who then responded in a predictable manner by rediculing Armstrong. This week last year also included some leaked testimony that alleges that Lance Armstrong admitted to taking EPO. Thankfully, the past year since then has not involved Lance Armstrong being continually accused of doping; the attention has instead shifted back to the rest of the bicycling world.
- My training got derailed a bit after I broke my ring finger. It had mostly healed by the time I got married; we were able to hide how difficult it was to get the ring on.
- If you want to improve your sleeping, then try not to fall asleep in front of the television. It is bad for your back and neck, and it can overstimulate you and lead to restless sleep.
- The Whirlaway 10k was this week last year, which was part of the USATF-NE Grand Prix race series. I was only three weeks removed from a marathon and barely broke 36 minutes. Unfortunately, the race was not held this year, so it looks like last year was the end of the road.
- This week last year was the first time that I started highlighting articles from a year prior, which I have done every weekend since then. Two years ago, I reviewed Running with the Buffaloes and Eat to Be Fit. I also shared how to make Beef Jerky and how to deal with migraines, and the enjoyment of a good Beach Run.